Welcome to SI Fremantle, established in 1953.
We meet on the 2nd Monday of each month at the DADAA Building, 21 Beach Street, Fremantle at 6.30pm and welcome all newcomers to our meetings/social nights.
We are actively seeking new members, so come along to a club night.
You can also become a fan on our facebook page and find out about what we have been doing as well as keep updated with events and news.
We can be found on facebook at "Soroptimist International Fremantle".
You will find fun, friendship and involvement in local, national and international projects aimed at advancing human rights and the status of women and girls.
| Written by Christine Johnson |
|Monday, 17 January 2011|
Our latest news can be found on facebook
"Soroptimist International Fremantle"
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR CLUB, THE WORK OF SOROPTIMISTS AROUND THE WORLD AND WHAT MEMBERSHIP COULD MEAN FOR YOU.
CALL CHRISTINE: 0438 880 868
- Advocacy for Action - Join our advocacy group on 4th Monday of each month
- Annual Help the Homeless Art Auction - proceeds assist organsations working with those that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Scholarships for local students
- Winter clothing and blanket appeal for remote Aboriginal community
- Food hampers for local, disadvantaged families
- Toiletries/welcome packs for women entering women's refuges in our area
- Knitted red beanies for nuns in Bhutan
- KIVA loans for women entrepreneurs
- Public Speaking Competition
- Assisting in English conversation classes for new migrants
'I SPY QUILTS FOR FOSTER CHILDREN over 4,500+ distributed to date
To learn more about this project, to donate a quilt, or to join the quilting group at The Meeting Place, Fremantle, contact Lynne 9384 8492 or Sally 9332 7313
Foster children are often received into care at odd hours and short notice and often have only the clothes they are wearing. There is a need for donations of new clothing and pyjamas, summer or winter, sizes 2 - 14. If you can help, please call Foster Care House 0419 965 960